View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

In another recent post on this topic (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...20#post3590120) I did the following breakdown (which didn't address the XP penalty or levels 51+):

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, there's no right answer here, as it's a subjective question. If you want to know objectively how much of a disadvantage it will put you at, just do the math ... I'll do "back of the napkin" math (neck beards feel free to pick it apart).

Fights (1 to 50)

If we're talking about fighting, not downtime, Iksar get a single extra HP per tick. Fight length depends on level, so I'll pick one minute (10 ticks) to make it a round number.

In other words, it's roughly 10 more HP per fight from 1 to 50. Looking at some random Magelos, I saw a 50 monk with like 1400 HP, and a level 5 with like 100. Obviously twinking will change this, but with any gear it's unlikely that this would be a "game breaker".

Downtime (1 to 50)

Looking at downtime, it's the exact same thing if you are feigned, but if you are sitting the rate is 2x what a Human would get. From levels 20-49 that means 3 HP more per tick. Let's say a Monk has around 900 HP, and goes down to exactly half, 450 HP (so no bandages). The human will take 15 minutes to heal, while the Iksar will take half that (7.5 min).

Fungi and 51+

Obviously, if you have a fungi (15/HP a tick) then the natural healing of either race is somewhat inconsequential. And above 50 ... well, someone else can do the math, but presumably, the scaling rate is similar.

Conclusion

The way I see it, 10 more HP a fight is not a game-breaker at all. But, having half the downtime (with no fungi, and no bandaging) is pretty noticeable ... if you are sitting there at your computer waiting anxiously. If you prefer to fight, then go afk to clean the house or something, you might not even notice the 7-8 minute difference.

And of course, all this is for soloing, not duos or larger groups (when someone is healing you, a few HP every tick truly doesn't matter).
If you're curious about 51+ you can easily do the math yourself to see.

But really, I'd encourage you to crunch the numbers top get a more objective answer: otherwise you're just going to get a whole lot of people's "feels" here, and obviously, those are going to be subjective.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.