View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 07:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloroform [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
back on live i picked qyenos which now i can see was really a bad idea. i chose North freeport for all my melee toons. Close to EC where you can get a lot of help with CRs n stuff.
In classic, I remember choosing wfp almost always and for similar reasons, though Tunare server also had gfay as its auction zone. Every character, right at the wfp gates simply as that was where casters were most accustomed to binding melees. Once a GM removed my character's PK status there as well, using a massive spell that had enough particles to cause lag issues. They might've only included the spell for flavor and used a command, idk, but that the place to be on Tunare. And iirc even the naked sit-in protests were held there.

If only there had been two bind locations, the birthplace starting city of the character (changed by extensive factioning/questing) and the normal bind spot resulting from a spell or locket. Halas would probably be the best choice in the case of the former, for those not wanting to rely on potions/ports to get to Vox.