View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Full raid BiS on a monk is going to take a long time. For good reason a lot of people who are avid raiders pour buckets of dkp into monks.

It’s just a matter of how many years it will take to cap str with raid gear (while maintaining hps and svs) and then stamina. I can definitely see Stamina being something to put points into if you do plan to raid a lot.

I think then worrying about being under cap in Dex for pre-avatar procs is the nth degree of theorycrafting. It’s kind of like worrying about which powertrain setup would be most reliable for your Sunseeker luxury yacht. No offense intended, I love thinking ahead I just don’t believe anyone who hits all these gearing achievements is like “JFC, if only I had put my points into agility/dex”.
I 100% believe that +++ dex builds are a smart move for rangers / monks. Yeah, I've had that thought about helping proc avatar. There's also a bit earlier in game with stuns and tstaves and also weapons that stun for monks. There's no point in the game, pre/post primal where extra dex wouldn't be helpful, baring 255 unbuffed dex soloing. MOST monks will not get primals. MOST monks will not cap dex unbuffed. HP is the not the end all be all for EQ. I would rather proc a stun soloing more often over 20 mobs than have an extra 100 HP to make the 1 in 20 less sketchy. Probably a shit opinion for raiding, but I raid to get stuff to not raid with if that makes sense.

tl;dr: Yeah +20 STA
Last edited by Cecily; 03-05-2023 at 01:06 PM..