Thread: Game Mechanics: mage epic pet
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd guestimate it should be as hard to root as a non-tashed/dispelled planar mob
Which begs the question - how are NPC's and PETS treated with Resist system?

Are Pets considered PLAYERS for a resist check, or an NPC world mob? Or do pets get their own special values?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While we're at it, pets wish Resist Magic cast on them on live were nearly unrootable or if they did get rooted, it broke within the first/2nd tick commonly, rest of durations uncommonly and RARELY IF EVER full duration.

The epic pet with a resist magic I'd wager would resist every single time.
Raid buffing pets, especially with resist magic (and fr cr etc) IS/WAS a strategy, especially with shamans. This goes back to above question, how are resist computed with pets? Increasing their resists should have value.

Quote:

As far as charm resists on it... shrug use the resist check on root vs charms and find something at least close from there
MY experience is that bards don't have resist when charming epic pet, almost like a rapture. Is this wrong? Any bards with comments?

Is bard charm reliable on non-pet NPCS?