View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Kobold

This all comes down to how people want to play.

We are all playing on a server with too many raiders for the amount of loot. Either be patient or be competitive.

If you want to be competitive then you need a large enough (and dedicated) guild that can field a raid at any time of day. If you don't/can't there are enough others that someone will. TMO is not the first guild that has done this (and probably won't be the last). They could easily be competed with if people wanted to put the same amount of effort, but instead they look for ways to make the server adapt to their playstyle. As a side note, variance is not what created this. Without variance you just need to sit at the spawn point longer than your competition. You still need the same resources.

If you want to play more casually or have time constraints, then play smart and use your resources wisely. Sure, it is frustrating (like the last 3-4 weeks) when everything spawns late night or during working hours, but keep at it and you get kills over time.

If all I wanted to do was be attempt NPC encounters with small groups of friends, I would play a different game or on my own emulated server.

Also, I am not trying to call out the OP or anyone else. Sure, there is plenty of drama in the high end raid scene. Has been since the beginning. Either find a way to compete or look for something else to do, there is plenty of high-end loot that is equal to or better than dragon loot that is easily attainable by casual-style guilds.