View Single Post
Old 10-27-2023, 09:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have moderate raiding goals an ogre will be easier to stam cap. Most our guild warrior bots are ogres for that reason. Bash immunity (FSI is misleading) really only helps with a shaman and SK. It might cost you a swing cycle. Being able to slam is very nice, mostly for leveling up. Kick at 55 is passable though since it can interupt casters.

Iksars are popular mostly on looks. The AC bonus is nominal. I understand about 30 or so. It’s the only race that can’t use an incanadine breastplate for invis or cobalt armor (the bracer is shrink). Shrinking for most fights is very important so you have to burn ant pots or group with a sham or warrior with a cobalt to get shrunk.

I soloed a gnome warrior up with 40% spell haste arms. It was fun and very easy. I wouldn’t count a gnome out from one of the top picks for this reason alone. Plus the dex click is like 30 and stacks with anything outside Avatar. Halfling sneak is really good too. The evil races have 15-20% exp penalties which sucks for a solo person. An ogre walking around with 50 more unbuffed strength than most is a dps bump and slam is handy, I’m not sure it makes up for the xp penalty. Straight dps wise 40% haste is legit good and saves you from having to quest the eyepatch of plunder (only 20% haste)
Op is playing on quarm, gnomes arent really viable until velious gear. For p99 I 100% agree