View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbs89 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't want project 2001 just horses.

I promise it will be the exact same EQ with horses. ALL MEDEIVAL AGE THEMES HAVE HORSES.

Incase you don't know, there are ALREADY horse models in Classic Everquest(Karanas and lesser faydwer). Just let us use them!!! Make them as fast as jboots if you want. But no rideable horses in a game of sword an sorcery? It's project1999 not 1999!!!

It's weirder without mounts. In real Everquest people would have used horses IF they can afford a steed!!

Red needs this the most!
1. It's irrelevant what you want. If nilbog does indeed decide to make a Project 2001 in addition to Project 1999 you would have to deal with it. The rumors I've heard anyway said he'd be making a separate server for it not building on P99 with it. (Essentially like how Blue and Red P99 work now, except Classic and Luclin P99). Besides, they're just rumors. And tbh not likely ones at that.

2. That won't work. Those Classic horse models? They are NPC models, not designed to be mounts. (and are, in fact, not normal horses anyway but Unicorns and Nightmares) You can't just slap any npc into the mount table and make it a mount. You'd have to use a race that was actually DESIGNED to be a mount. If that weren't the case you'd have servers out right now with people riding Dark Elves. Thus the Luclin model or Prophecy or Ro model horses, The Drogmor, or the many LoN mounts, are your only options. If you use a normal NPC race, you'll summon the mount, it will place you on it. but you won't be able to move, it roots you to the spot on top of an npc named "Soandso`s_Mount". I know this because I actually TRIED riding a Dark Elf... lol

3. That may be the case but it wasn't in Classic. They've made it pretty clear if it's not Classic it's not going in. That's the purpose of the server anyway.

4. No one gives a crap what Red needs.