View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Large Bat

Default Extremely rude GM behaviour on red server; quitting P1999

Every day after work, I log into P1999 to do some casual chatting with friends and leveling.

Lately, I've been playing a low-level wizard on the P1999 RED and hunting in crushbone. I've made some friends and had some fun and some PVP.

Today, I logged in to a huge crowd outside of CB. A GM event. Cool. Some nice high level players buffed me. Cool.

So I kept on leveling in CB... then all of the sudden a GM: "everyone leave the zone! NOW!"
Me: "Why?"
GM: "There's an event. Do it now or I'll kill you."
Me: "Well I'm going to die running out from the place where I'm at, so it's really the same either way..."

Anyway I did make it to the zone and luckily some pathing bugs save me. The GM did not kill me either. Annoyed, I went to sell at Kelethin.

I came back to the CB entrance to see what was going on, only to be nuked to death by a GM seconds later. Exp loss. Returned to bind point.

When asked why I was summarily executed given that I was a level 10 newbie standing outside of crushbone (not exactly an unreasonable place to stand for such a character?) I was told I needed to "GO AWAY BECAUSE I'M NOT LEVEL 40!"

At this point I was naked, down a bunch of exp (I don't play all that much so it takes me a while to level), and such. I was also furious. So I went back to Crushbone to get my corpse and said, "OH LOOK A LEVEL 10 STANDING AT CRUSHBONE! Oh no!"

I was then insta-kicked from the server. When I try to log back in now to either BLUE or RED, it says I am BANNED.

Based on this encounter, I have no desire to return to P1999 (who wants to work on a character when you can be insta-banned for no reason?)

But I wanted to WARN my fellow EQ-ers: do not spend your time on these servers. Because you're not a paying customer, the GMs can and will treat you like utter garbage and throw away your entire account simply for standing in the same place you hunt every day.

I do love the EQ community, so I wish you good luck and hope to see all of you around in other MMOs.

- Zellot 46 Monk BLUE
- Salien 36 Cleric BLUE
- Brezex 10 Wizard RED

Signing out.