View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 06:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have seen so many twinked monks (I assume twinked) as I was leveling, that it made the monk class seem like the most broken in the game

I’d be thinking I was OP soloing stuff in Sol B on enc, then some monk would come in who was 5 levels lower than me and be wrecking stuff doing fast hits of like 120 damage, killing much faster than me since I was relying on a charmed mob that’s whiffing like crazy miss miss miss miss miss “wow this shit is boring why can’t they hit each other”, meanwhile the monk has killed like 3 mobs at 5 levels lower than me

Only now in around the mid-50’s have charmed mobs been able to match the twinked monk’s damage, but I bet they still aren’t swinging as fast or hitting as often without buffs
Couple of things here:

1) Don't sweat the twink monks. That is precisely what they are designed to do. Take comfort in once you're both 60 you'll have access to all the most lucrative camps in the game as a solo enc.

2) Keep an eye out for clerics or necros LFG. 2 totally different duo setups...for pure XP I think necro is better if you guys can hit up an undead charm spot. Honestly necro/enc is the fastest leveling duo in the entire game (outside of bard swarm crap).

Until 60 and farming, as a solo enc you really don't need to torch / haste pets. Its more efficient to let your charm pet get low, finish it for full xp w/ a nuke, grab a freshie, and keep going. This is especially true if you're undergeared and less experienced as a torched pet is far less forgiving when the ole RNG comes to bite you in the ass.

@unsung, you on blue on green?