View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 12:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But you can still make it to whatever raids happen when you are online, and over time you'll accrue DKP. Eventually, someday, you'll get lucky, and the guild will be doing the raid boss that drops the item you want ... while you're online to fight it. Then you'll get to spend those DKP and get the phat lewtz you desire.

The only issue is that some guilds might have a minimum participation requirement, either during the application process or permanently. But unless you are super casual it should still be possible to hit that requirement. I think in Kingdom (we're recruiting!) it's like 10%, but only if you want to be in the highest "class" of raiding (ie. be able to spend the max DKP for those big items); you can be in the guild without any raid participation, and just only be able to bid on 90% of the (not-biggest-ticket) items.
That actually sounds like exactly what I was hoping it would be like. I know casual has a pretty broad definition but for me it’s mostly that I can’t dedicate my life to raiding but I can certainly do a few hours multiple nights a week. I just want to experience a part of eq I haven’t done before and actually gear a character through it. I know I might not be able to get every last BiS item and I’m fine with that.