View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 07:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be interesting to continue 50+ into kunark. The question would be what good weapons can you solo to get at 50+? The weapon progression would be really interesting. By solo self-found I take it you aren't accepting buffs from other classes either?
Iksar Berserker Club and Kunzar Ku'juch come to mind, as mentioned by some of the other posters. At 50+ though, meleeing exp mobs is almost completely out of the question. If I were to grind to 60, I would almost certainly resort to farming quest exp turnins to level, which is one of the reasons why I decided 50 would be the endpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you eventually end up doing a lot of snare kiting with poison and archery. Its also sometimes viable to use NPC on NPC combat to weaken something enough you can finish it, but the best examples I've used for that are in Velious, so would have to think if there's a good old world spot for that.
There are old world/kunark examples. I used one in this challenge (HG's) and there are others. I would love to demonstrate this tactic via video, but my computers are too obsolete for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are the coolest dude, Yrehcra. Got dam.
I like to think that many players on p1999 are cooler duders than I am. I just try to find a lukewarm spot to co-exist in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanzzYolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is one of the coolest things i've come across in eq classic... super impressed. If you have any advice on SSF, or other threads anyone could recommend, I'm pretty hyped on this idea. I'm thinking of doing it /w a ranger.
Toss me a forum PM with your questions and ideas and I'll get back to you in a day or two. Rangers are my favorite class, and I still consider my 60 SSF Ranger on Blue to be my main.

My biggest general tips for SSF runs are to research the wiki a lot, try to avoid competition and/or conflict with other players as much as possible, be as absolutely patient as you can, and go and do something else when you have the inevitable frustrating setbacks (specifically, but not limited to, dying).