View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 09:57 PM
Aviak

Default Challenge Complete: Solo, Self-Found (SSF) Classic-only Warrior, 1-50

I had a few people ask me to make a forum thread about my latest solo challenge, so I decided to do a quick write-up here.

Hello. I am a crazy person, it's nice to meet you. I play this game almost entirely solo most of the time and I enjoy solo challenges.

Last year I decided to start a new side project on Green and I figured I'd try a new challenge: Solo, Self-Found Dark Elf Warrior, Classic only.

I chose Dark Elf as they have among the worst starting stats for a Warrior and also have evil faction. I turned in my Tome of Order and Discord at Level 1 to avoid getting buffed or healed by other players. This also means I could never change my starting bind point of Nektulos Forest.

Even though the Kunark expansion came out during the challenge, I decided to keep all leveling and strategies Classic-only. As with any SSF challenge, I would only solo, and only use what equipment and items I could make, quest, or find myself.

When I started in August 2020, I figured if I made it to Level 20, that would be a pretty neat accomplishment. I didn't have high hopes for the worst class/race in the game for soloing.

This past Sunday I reached my end goal of Level 50, screenshot enclosed.

I wanted to post this to express my thanks that this project exists, and to show that while raiders challenge themselves and each other to push for competitive advantages, there are also other ways by which players challenge themselves to accomplish very strange and interesting things within this game.

Note: some of this challenge was informed by Kich869 aka EchoLocation8's Solo Warrior Guide, but I did this challenge without the help of the combat bind wound technique (which was nerfed before I even created this character) and a lot of the early levels involved faction work, as my Dark Elf was KOS in many areas that I needed to access. My thanks to their guide for making me consider that soloing a Warrior might even be possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ytinas50.jpg (22.8 KB, 449 views)