View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 11:20 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you don't already use one and have the ability to use your thumb without any issues I would recommend getting a mmo mouse. This will give you 12 buttons on the side of the mouse that you can press. With green having the hotbar fixed you now have 10 slots that you can put your abilities, spells, macros in that you can just click on your mouse. I went through a couple Razer Naga mouses but am currently using a corsair scimitar mouse. For myself I find the Scimitar more comfortable to use than the Naga and find I am able to use the 12 buttons better on it.

As for class, I would always say play what you really want to play and interests you as it is a long road and you can quickly loose interest in a character you don't enjoy playing. With that said I would be more mindful on the role you might end up playing. If you MT'd in WoW, I don't see why you wouldn't have a problem playing a tank class in EQ, in terms a movement and ability usage. The caster and healer classes should have less movement for you then playing a tanking class. You mentioned Cleric being your top choice and that should work well for you. Between using an MMO mouse and the F keys for targeting you could get by pretty well.

As you mentioned puller would be out of the question. So if you do plan on grouping a lot I would be mindful of playing a class that others would want you to pull for them. That doesn't mean that you couldn't play that class but you could be asked to fill that role.