View Single Post
Old 04-30-2023, 10:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Merging green characters into blue is still clearly the only feasible option if they want to launch a fresh green, which I very much hope they do \ legally can.

This whole model also invites another issue though which is that if the playerbase knows ahead of time when their server is going to be merged and reset, it might demoralize a huge portion of the player base. What's the point in rolling a new character and eveling it if you know in advance that the server is resetting in a month? Still I think it's the best option. The project is inherently experimental because everquest didn't stop after velious, but this project wants to, so the question of how to "stop" an everquest server is a new one.
Precisely. I have a few friends I play with on Blue, but we've kind of over all drifted away from playing as often. But everyone seems super interested in a fresh server, with a fresh start, but no one wants to go on Green if it's going to get reset soon. I have a 27 magician on Green, but it's hard to keep wanting to go on and play him if there is a potential of a reset.