View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d (shaere) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya know, I would rather they were at least AT their keyboards, afk is kind of lame. I think I agree with you there. However, I don't think ffa would work..I think it would scare off most casual players and raiders, I played pvp for a bit. It isn't for everyone.

Pvp server ,. ffa rules would most certainly free up the gms/developers, absolutely it would. But I hope that isn't the solution. Raid rules? not my place to say yet, and usually, when it gets stupid? Gms have to step in, always has been that way on blue servers.

I do like a certain amount of player freedom, and some people deserve trains at times, to be sure. But indisciminate training, ffa isn't the optimal solution.

Unfortunately the optimal solution will not be reached as it stands, because it requires a certain amount of unselfishness and maturity you rarely find in any raid scenario. And guild leader that lets another guild take a target inevitably loses his hardcore raiders, because they want loot. Loyalty is a rare commodity online, integrity even more so. Most of your hardcore raiders go where the loot is. DKP is required only because of greed, but that is a different topic. If everyone were honest, and fair 100pct of the time, it wouldn't be necessary.

We don't live in a Utopia. We could play in one, it's a shame really. We could act better then the real world lets us, but usually? People act much worse due to the lack of consequences, and inhibitions go out the window online.

Fight the power man, just don't become someone you don't like in the meanwhile.
There's no pvp in ffa. Raid target pops up. Anyone who is awake can engage and attack. Whoever takes it down or does more dps = gets the loot. What's so hard to follow? If anything it would make this game have more strategy.

If you force people to not be afk to take raid targets. Guess what? You'll probably have less trains.