View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quick follow up, reading through Vaslin Slickfinger's EQ Compendium:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020608...compendium.htm

He has texts and what appears to be a description of the emote Dain does to you with proper faction. Also has what Krystorf's response should be after you ask 'What writ', and apparently the item you receive detailing the Giant Warrior Helmet bounty is called 'Writ of Thurgadin', but I don't see any information online for it, so will need someone to obtain it on live I suppose.

Quote:
You say, 'Greetings and good fortune to you, honored Dain Frostreaver IV'

Dubious: Dain Frostreaver IV seems to stare right into your soul with his one good eye. A chill runs down your spine.

Amiable: Dain Frostreaver IV smiles at you and nods his head indicating he has been please with your progress.

Chamberlain Krystorf says, 'The Dain is pleased with your progress Dain Frostreaver IV , but you still have work to do if you truly wish to help our people. I have here a writ from the Dain that might suit a Race of your talents.

You say, 'What Writ?'

Chamberlain Krystorf says, 'Here you are Vaslin , good luck and may Brell watch over you.

Receive Writ of Thurgadin
Note that 'Vaslin' should obviously be your character name, and not sure if the typo of 'he has been please' is legit or re-typed from logs.

So I gather from this if you use proper greeting but are at least dubious, Dain just stares at you with the flavor text. Note that the previous ZAM comment said Dubious gave the nod emote and lead to the Krystorf bounty text, but he said 'starting dubious faction' where I have seen others claim starting faction is Indifferent with at least good races (or maybe Brell races).

You raise it to 'Low Amiable' and you get the nod emote and flavor text, at which point Krystorf chimes in with the quest text. Note that this proooobably occurs at either apprehensive or indifferent. But it confirms some previous comments that 'Low Amiable' would not give the Dain response for the King Tormax head quest. I do not know what that precise faction level should be to get it (paging Aalderan).

Again, not sure if some of this is implemented already as I am not able to poopsock Dain.