View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 12:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Developer Input - CPU Limit Cutoff

After having recently built up a new computer I started running into the 1017 Error. Its a regular and recurring issue for people here. It effects mostly project 1999 servers. It kicks you after server select back to login.

If I reboot and in my BIOS downclock my processor I can then load into windows and get it so that I can login to Project1999. Currently I have been able to login at 4Ghz clock. 4.5 Ghz it will fail. Do the Server Admins or Developers know exactly where that cutoff is? Is it 4.111 etc.

Can this be changed or boosted?

One thought I have had (and not had time to test yet) Is to try downclocking 1 core and then setting the affinity of the eqgame to that process (right now its just set to 1)

So there is a question around that? How are you detecting CPU speed? Other servers allow you to login but the animation is all jacked even using wineq2. (obviously a problem there with the faster processors)

Do you detect the core speed? Or whatever the overall processor is reporting? If I downclock a single core and set affinity would that theoretically work or would I just end up beating my head against a brick wall.