View Single Post
Old 07-04-2023, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to hijack the topic but seems the OP got his answer. I'm making a half elf, max starting dex bard for soloing coz I need to look at an iksar ass all day or I die, and I made all the real iksar classes already. I've got some toys to play with, sboz etc, but is all of that just literally useless compared to vendor tier instruments? Wild
The "level asap" option is to run in circles and ae kill at least at most levels, and you don't need the weapons for that.

But if you want to stop and smell the roses, try out alternate bard solo methods, group, see what you can solo at 60, melee similar to a summoned pet on raids*, etc., you'll have fun with the weapons too. If that's more what you want out of your bard you can use the ae option as a fast forward button to pass level ranges you aren't feeling.

If you like meleeing on the bard snag a lute of the howler too. Pop it in prime hand right as your string songs land and you can melee without losing your string mod. The right click is a great melee buff too** after 40 but you would lose your iksar ass.

* Similar to a summoned pet for three reasons. No one brought you to the raid to melee. You often can't do it but occasionally it's free damage. And geared up it's a similar amount of damage.

** https://wiki.project1999.com/Illusion:_Werewolf