View Single Post
Old 06-08-2023, 04:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The subject of this thread is Paladin vs. Shadowknight DPS. Any discussion thereof is relevant

I'm terrible at this game and know jack shit about the deeper mechanics. Would it be fair to say that a Paladin that's constantly Yaulping, gaining that virtually nonstop attack increase, would make a difference? Or is Yaulp total bullshit?
I wouldn’t cut yourself short. Most of us don’t know half what we think or a quarter of what we pretend, lol.

Y1-3 are pretty meh. The forth iteration is only 1 mana and gives raw attack along with the standard AC and strength. It’s about the same as a SK with Shroud of Hate and the ranger SoN stacked. Really most non-dwarves in tanking gear even with Focus will barely cap STR with Yaulp4. It gives me like 80 attack at 60 and doesn’t cost you a melee round so it’s good to keep loaded. If only it stacked with the shielding line (Dain hammer or Stave of Shielding), but that’s a minor complaint.

Paladins and SK’s are very equal across the board. Maybe a bit more raid optimized as a pally and more grind group or solo optimized for the SK. Both pretty great at high levels of gear and player skill. They even hold up well these days with Ec gear.