View Single Post
Old 06-01-2023, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Main Tank: SK/Paladin beat Warrior in all group content. Better agro, utility, damage, etc. Warrior gets disciplines and will be the better raid tank, but for a 4-man group, trust me and run SK/Paladin. SK having the Engulfing Darkness line, and Paladin having root/flash of light are enough to justify them over a Warrior alone. Then factor in things like Paladin stuns, and SK drains, and it's not even a close contest.

Healer: Cleric is a pretty clear answer here. Nothing will keep your small group alive quite like a Cleric.

Enchanter: Pairs well with the Cleric, and particularly the Paladin. Having a group filled with stuns, roots, and snap agro is perfect for an Enchanter. Enchanter damage from charm and top tier CC can carry the group. If someone is willing to play this class, and masters it, it's not a bad idea to simply build around the enchanter.

Flexibile DPS: Monk would be my suggestion. High damage, split pulls, mend. Really a top tier addition to any group. Similar to the Warrior comment above, a Rogue will generally out class them in raid situations, but a Monk brings way more utility to a group.

For your group setup, I'll rank my flexible DPS options in order of personal preference:
Monk
Second Enchanter
Necromancer
Bard
Rogue
Ranger
Druid

Something to keep in mind:

If you don't take the SK as the main tank, perhaps take a Druid/Ranger/Necro in your flex DPS spot for snare. Snare will save your life in dungeons.