View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just started the other day and made a Bard. -40% xp? That's a downer. So that's how it was back in 99 when I played the same guy?
Yes, until 2001 at which point Verant removed class exp penalties but kept racial. Same patch that introduced Zone Experience Modifiers and fixed group exp penalties (both of which are in effect on this server). This makes more sense to me, since classes are inherently balanced in my opinion (except rangers) but races aren't. Troll warrior will always beat halfling warrior with equal gear because of stats and regen. Ogre SK will always be better than human SK because of stats and no frontal stun. Racial penalties make sense. Class penalties do not. I don't see the logic in keeping *some fixes* that were introduced in that patch but ignoring other ones for the sake of nostalgia.

I've made this case exhaustively on the beta forums and here too, but there was a final decision by Aeolwind to keep all exp penalties and bonuses, so case closed.