View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man guys I just recently started EQ on this server and picked enchanter because of unique play style not available anywhere else. I already struggle now because of charm breaking often and that’s with good charisma hand me downs from friendly players.
Changes have me worried. Because I don’t know what it means.

Please don’t make it harder or I’ll just have to call it quits. There are no groups, everyone soloes or twinked. Enchanter pets are trash, charm is the only thing that works, but if it breaks a lot it’s an easy death sentence or 10 minute sitting waiting on hp to slowly regen because you took few hits and are now at 10% health.

Just my feedback
If you’re having a lot of breaks/resists even with good charisma that is either due to mob magic resist being too high (fixed with tash/mal/pet items) or you’re charming mobs too close to your level (which will be improved by this bug fix or you can target slightly lower level mobs).

You can also try to refine your procedure for charm breaks. Prerooting everything is a good contingency, as is keeping your defence maxed and gearing for tankiness.

Hope this helps.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung