View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am going to say though that im pretty confident the only thing that was really kneecapping enchanters back then was the internet connection, and probably less powerful computers. Graphic stuttering and bad frame rate was actually a thing for a lot of people back then. These things are game over for enchanters. It just simply was not possible to do the things you see now solely because of that.

I played an enchanter then too. With today's advancements to internet and general knowledge of the game, I'm confident I would have been able to pull off what I can do now. It's going to be pretty unrealistic to believe we can ever confidently prove this either way though. And changes tend to be made on extremely strong evidence.

It could be argued that the low quality internet and processing power of those times is exactly why things need to be made artificially harder to mimic those issues, but that also inherently goes against the "vision."

I'd argue myself that the wiki itself is a huge violation to the "vision" as well, but you can't really put the cat back into the bag with that one because you can just find the info somewhere else these days.
I remember occasional 10minute zone loads and constant crashes, and I had a very early iteration of cable internet.