View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 06:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Apparently not. This is where the officers (Colgate, Gongshow) pull my legs out. They unban both Incognito and Draga from Teamspeak, rez Draga back in, and ultimately try to be diplomatic in a situation where it’s not only completely uncalled for, but where it does more harm than good. Keep in mind that this part of the situation is just angering to me, because it’s a spineless response to a problem that requires actual gumption. While this is happening, I’m repeatedly saying in Teamspeak, “Do not rez Draga. He’s not raiding today.”
Every story has a few sides. However, the arbitrary anecdotes here aren't as important as the cast of characters that were involved.

[REDACTED] has insinuated, and all but called Mornin toxic on a few occasions pre-Velious.

So of course many people in the know are very surprised at how this played out, given the two individuals involved, and who Cyren is, and was to <Empire>.

Being bulldozed like that would equate to a giant slap in the face, given all Cyren has done for the guild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically what you need to know is, I didn’t “step down,” I didn’t leave with the intention of “taking a break,” and I didn’t “berg out.” I was all but forced out and left because Gongshow has an enormous problem with his own vanity, which manifests itself in the perpetual state of needing to be seen as a good guy, the pal, and to never dirty his hands in a way that might make him enemies. Trust me, leaving Empire wasn’t a decision taken lightly. Being an officer of Empire is very good. It’s pixel heaven. I could take anything I wanted at any time. I had many pals, many of who I still miss playing with, and most of whom I doubt I’ll play with again given the circumstances.

My way of doing things (which is the art of being a man) got in the way of vanity. Retti and Mornin cried in AIMchat, Gongshow and Colgate didn’t investigate the problem, they hamstringed their own officer, didn’t attempt to fix the problem, suggested it was my problem, haphazardly dealt with the real issue at ahnd and left me feeling desolated.

I don’t mind Gongshow and Colgate as people, and I did enjoy their company as officers at one time. It’s just that after everything, they register to me as acquaintances now rather than the good pals they used to be.

Every leadership style has its positives and negatives. That aside, with the additional anecdotes it looks like the legs were definitely cut out, and then-some, way too fast.

That type of knee jerk response and undercutting of an officers decision is going to escalate things quickly.

If you didn't quit I don't know what kind of person that would make you. I'd have probably quit. Although there were probably opportunities for further negotiation, and I'd say this end result has more to do with <Empire> never having had to deal with a highly charged situation like this before.

TLDR; Cyren probably deserved better here.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82