Thread: Miscellaneous: Nerf Bowquest 99
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2023, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsten_Tx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In an effort to get this thread back on track, I am reposting what I have found regarding trueshot and bow bonuses...

I dont know if this has been reviewed, but I have found the following patch notes which give insight into how trueshot worked, and thus how archery performed using 2 different patch notes.
-
------------------------------
January 9, 2001 3:00 am
- Corrected a bug that was causing damage while using the "Trueshot"
Discipline to be the same regardless of the quality of your bow.

This patch, changed the mechanics of trueshot whereas before it made the damage 45, regardless of the bow delay. Sony made this change, then analyzed the damage of rangers, and subsequently made the following change a week later.
-
January 17, 2001 3:00 am
The ranger's "Trueshot" discipline has had its damage increased after
analyzing data from its fix last week. Prior to the last patch, all
bows, while under the discipline, were hitting as if they were 45dmg
bows regardless of the delay. Last week's patch fixed it so that damage
was based on the damage of the bow. This weeks patch increases damage
bonuses in relation to delay (longer delays yield better damage
bonuses).

This patch specifically tells us that Trueshot yielded better damage bonuses for rangers based on the delay of the bow. In my opinion, this means two things. Bow had their own independent damage bonus (separate from whatever weapon was in primary slot), and 2, Trueshot would amplify the damage bonus. Sony straight up said, longer delays yielded better damage bonuses.
For a ranger, not up on my EQemu code, but how would that automatically apply to fatties? Never got bowed once from a fatty on live through velious. Lots of stuff that isn't classic on this box, nerfed clickies, casted pumices, fatties bowing is game breaking, regardless. just my 2c.
Rushx the Warlock - R99
Last edited by Thrilla; 10-19-2023 at 10:15 PM..