Thread: SK Race Choice
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who use DW class weapons for knights are ridiculous. 1/1 or better 1h’s do mediocre damage. I can’t imagine doing less and paying big dkp for a silver whip of rage. The proc isnt any aggro, the GM is substantial. Also…if you are using that kind of weapon you are throwing all melee aggro out the door. Which isn’t that important but you shouldn’t forfeit it completely.

Getting a soul defiler is no harder than a silver whip. Vyemm is actually hard and it’s a multi-class weapon. An Axe of Resistance makes for a fun resist screenshot but you wouldn’t catch me dead using it.
1. A Knight's job is tanking, not DPS. Greenmist's DPS isn't great either compared to other knight 1h weapons like Frostwrath or Soul Defiler. Greenmist has a 0.81 ratio, Frostwrath has a 1.09 ratio. You are already sacrificing 0.28 ratio, so I am not sure why you think you are doing great damage with Greenmist.

2. Silver Whip of Rage generates more white damage agro than Greenmist because it is faster. The Rune Proc will save you more HP than Greenmist, especially if you proc multiple times within a minute. Greenmist is capped to 300 HP/Minute saved due to it's DoT nature, regardless of proc amount. Silver Whip of Rage could save you 600 HP if you happened to proc 4 times in a minute.

3. Knights don't need weapon procs to maintain agro. I am not sure why you keep thinking Greenmist is going to significantly change how often the mob flips if you are playing your Shadowknight correctly. I don't see any guild using Greenmists for specific content due to difficulty of maintaining agro.

4. When it comes to getting Soul Defiler in a guild, my point is that Soul Defiler is not a trivial low DKP knight item that is easy to get. It's a rare drop, and I've seen Soul Defiler go for 800 DKP in a top raiding guild multiple times. If you can get Soul Defiler, you can get other raid weapons that will outclass Greenmist like Axe of Resistance, Silver Whip of Rage, or Vulak Axe. There simply isn't anything good enough about Greenmist that would make it preferable to Axe of Resistance, Silver Whip of Rage, or Vulak Axe for players who want a 1h weapon that fulfills a similar role to Greenmist.