View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 01:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that shit is real

my autistic sister is 40k+ in debt because of catfishers, she fell for it multiple times *SMH*

the FBI was at my mom's house a few months ago, no joke, my parents gave the FBI my sister's phone and now keep a clone phone to monitor her.

they said it was russian guys.
O shit, I watch a YouTube channel dedicated to true stories about romance scams called Scamfish. That’s crazy you know someone who had it happen. The ones I hear about are surprisingly sophisticated and almost always from Laos, Nigeria

But that wasn’t what happened for me. That’s the ultra-extreme version of catfishing, but the term just means to look worse than your pic, which is what happened for me. I’ve had friends, co-workers, and family tell me they’ve just bailed right then if the date looked noticeably worse than their pic, but I’m a people-pleaser and could never do that. I’ll still stick out the date and be engaging no matter what they look like

Plus nowadays most people know how to take a really good pic, and some people edit further with filters. So almost everyone, including me, catfishes their date to some degree. It’s just that Friday it was pretty bad. But she was happily bouncing in place as I walked up, so no way in fuck am I going to go “oh hell no” and leave right then. Would be devastating. We had at least a 2 hour date of food, beer, arcade, fun obstacle course. I just never texted anymore after the generic “thanks for coming I had fun” pleasantries after that