View Single Post
Old 06-04-2023, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Made it back to Texas. Took 18 days. My son flew up to anchorage and my wife flew to Denver to help take care of his kids. Son and I drove back with my truck and camper and we stayed in the camper usually 1-2 days at a time and got a hotel 1 night for a shower. Hiked and camped all across Canada, Stone Mountain provincial park, Jasper, Banff, Muncho lake, etc. didn’t do as much in the US. We saw 26 bears in Canada. Most just while driving, but we encountered 5 black bears hiking. Luckily the 4 grizzlies we saw were while driving. Two were in Jasper National park just before icefields parkway, two were outside Watson Lake, Canada

Anyway, I highly recommend everyone at least drive from Banff to Jasper and back again. I thought Jasper to Banff was more scenic, although I did the latter more recently (over a year apart) so maybe that’s why
Only place I've been I felt was more beautiful than the Western US; Banff/Jasper that is