Thread: Poisons Guide!!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2023, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm actually pretty sure Spinebreak should actually be even better than it is. I should probably get the info together and make a bug post at some point.

Here, Paralyzing Poison I uses effects 36/99/11, which is poison counters/root/slow. However, in lucy, it has always used poison counters, snare, slow -- snare is set to 95% to create a root like effect. There's two big improvments from snare vs. slow; first, snares don't terminate early like roots do, so you could actually rely on rogue slow to last its duration like chanter/shaman slows do. Second, snare doesn't break on nukes, so you could root and have casters nuke the target without breaking the root effect.

There's a patch note in the June 27th 2001 patches here that calls out the switch to paralyzing poison no longer breaking on nukes.
That was almost certainly implemented by just switching it to a 95% snare effect: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/his...es-2001-1.html
Oh man that's cool. I've always wondered what was up with the 95% snare effect. They shouldn't terminate early then.