View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I envy y’all’s mindset. Personally, I despise death. Watching my precious exp slip away strums a note of pain in my heart. I’m a casual, so that exp is hella hard to come by when you don’t know your arse from a hole in the ground in the EQ world and playtime is limited. This is why my enchanter is sitting at 27, naked and untouched. So close to clarity, too.
It is possible to play it very safe to where you almost literally cannot die

Example: charm solo singles outside against a zone wall to minimize the pathing of adds. Have the mob and your charmed pet be fighting at a far enough distance from you where if charm breaks, you can cast mez on it before it can run up to you. Normally most enchanters would just stun->GCD reset->mez, but you don’t have to do that. Just don’t stand anywhere near your charmed pet

Before you break charm, tell it to “guard here” as you stand way the hell away. Then it can’t close the distance before you can root it (don’t mez here because mez can blur it and heal it back up a few ticks and that’s not what you want, you want to kill it), and kill it

If doing this, you should literally only die whenever your internet suddenly drops

Or I’ve even heard of enchanters using the animation exclusively to solo. If you keep resummoning to get the highest level one, and make sure to use the highest rank slow on the mob you kill, the animation can kill blues all the way to 60, assuming you don’t mind getting 50% exp the entire time and being bored out of your mind. I don’t recommend this, but it’s doable