View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That doesn't invalidate the arguments unless you have daddy issues.

This is at best idiotic hypocrisy where you pan other sources that dont circle jerk with you about your dreams and wishes.
Idiotic hypocrisy for you to challenge what you hear on Fox even if you largely agree with it? Never question whether what you hear is actually true or maybe an exaggeration?

I fail to see how thats hypocrisy.

My opinions are based on a variety of non-partisan sources-research, studies, SME analysis. When I do read something that is (or even feels) partisan to me, I will seek out other sources which will either confirm or deny what the first source said (which is what critical thinkers do).

On the contrary, many who regularly consume right wing news dont bother to question what they see/hear because it is intentionally created to line up with their pre-existing opinion. That pre-existing opinion was created by what they have been consuming. Therefore we have a positive feedback loop which is radicalizing the right more and more as right wing media has to go more and more to the extreme to continue to capture viewers.

Also-choosing to be antithetical to whatever the mainstream thinking on an issue is doesn't make you a "free thinker", especially if that antithetical view has no concrete factual basis (Im thinking of Aaron Rodgers here).
Last edited by walfreyydo; 01-28-2022 at 03:40 PM..