View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 11:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by port9001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a Ranger I have quite a few buffs I could keep up on myself, but it's not overly clear which ones are worth the effort.

I pretty much take it as a given that my AC+DS buff and Skin buffs are worth it for the extra AC, with the light DS or HP being a nice side benefit. It helps that these are long lasting anyway. But maybe this is a poor assumption. How much AC actually matters?

SoW obviously.

Now for the shorter lasting buffs that are somewhat more annoying to keep up at all times:

Firefist- this gives +12 ATK. Is this worth it? I tried some parsing today and over the course of a few hour solo session it parsed out to be 5% more DPS but the sample size feels too low to say anything definitive. Is it possible for 12 ATK to give that much DPS? Doesn't seem right.

What about strength? This should affect ATK as well as max hit right?

Call of Sky feels worth it, at least to me as a 40's Ranger. I can expect it to fire off enough times to be a pretty efficient nuke.

10th ring
nev cloak
see invis
ultra vision
five flowers
SoN
CoTP

If it aint on this list, it isn't worth acquiring or casting. While you're levelling you can get away with having harmony, sow, and flame lick memmed and 5 empty spell gems until 60 just fine.

Best of all just abandon the ranger at 60, strip him except some EC hitpoint gear and make him a weaponshield bot. Best thing for them.