Thread: Game Mechanics: Lord Vyemm's stats
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 04:51 AM
Developer

I wonder how long someone spent going through logs to find the most extreme chain possible, but we can still look at it:

The above log shows 1184.1 dps against a tank that is not max geared. (Don't bother disputing this, we know the exact real AC cap for Velious and we can see exactly what the raid tanks currently have, none on either server are maxed out yet.)

Even with an undoubtedly cherry picked log segment, the tank would be able to reliably survive with no healing for 3-4 seconds. Once tanks get closer to the AC cap this will extend even more. So the necessity of 12 clerics is a bit of a stretch. More likely, you need 12 clerics to currently beat the fight because AC values and dps (extending the fight) is much lower than it will be in 8 months.

As far as max hit, I am almost certain I have a classic era screenshot showing hits for 1250, weather it was changed later I have no idea. Maybe the single 1100 hit I've seen was not his max hit?

DB + 20*DI
250 + 20*50 = 1250

I'm not saying he is easy, but he is balanced to give a classic level of difficulty to the available population. Expecting Vyemm to be an easy win/loot pinata would not be classic either. There should be some doubt of success when approaching the top 4 raid targets.