View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Kobold

I started in November 20001. I was never going to play EQ. I read the review of it and laughed along with the reviewer (silently) thinking "what a bunch of losers killing rats all day". I then went back to my Civ 2, HOMM, and Baldur's Gate never realizing what I was missing.

A few years later, I was sick and couldn't go to class for 3-4 days. An EQ trial disc arrived with PC gamer. I chucked it in a corner with disdain. Sunday at 10pm rolled around and I was bored out of my mind. I saw the disc lying there. Sighing, I popped it in the drive and decided I may as well see how pointless it all was for myself.

32 hours later (really), I sat back and said, out loud to no one, "I cannot believe someone made something this #!@#%^!@ cool."

That first 10 days on the trial server is the greatest gaming experience I've ever had, and I'm guessing that I will ever have. This server is the most fun I've had gaming since 2004 (when raiding became a second job in GoD). It will never recapture that first experience with EQ, but its still bloody good.

Edit: I played in a high end raiding guild and completed SoF by killing sleeper 2.0. Adding this since so many others did and its interesting to see when other people quit compared to when they started.
Last edited by Zarniwooop; 11-08-2010 at 03:35 PM..