Thread: Micro dosage
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think someone legitimately pursuing that as a treatment option knows themself better than you, random internet user. Shrinks, psychotherapy as an institution, and traditional psych medication won’t work for every or mostly anyone. It’s not a hard science and letting certain neurotransmitters run loose in your brain isn’t a whole lot different than what a quack with a degree would suggest.

Getting down to brass tacks, a medical approach to mental illness is a let’s try this and see if it works, that is to say experimental, with a slew of crippling side effects in the name of mental health. Doing shrooms intelligently isn’t any worse and has a possibility of semi permanent positive results. You of course have to be willing to risk irrecoverably fucking up your head, too. Pro tip: any researcher working on this is willing to risk the same.
It's me, I'm the smart and reasonable person intelligently self-medicating based on reading the paper saying mushrooms have potential benefit for extremely small, specific patient subgrouping while ignoring same paper's warning against self-medicating. Hello! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]