Thread: Game Mechanics: Tracking Bug with players
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So either the administrators dont really give a damn or they dont know how to fix it, or maybe it cant be fixed.

Anyway, you cant get anymore unclassic than a ranger who cant track other players.

"Relive classic Everquest. Nevermind rangers dont track right, we dont give a shit."

A large disclaimer should be posted to all those visiting the home page, otherwise people will think P99 is legitimate.
So, I'm not trying to pick on you, but this is the bug forum so I think the standard should be higher here.

First off the "B" in Blue stands for Beta: it's not the perfectly classic game we all remember, or even the "as close to classic as we can get" server (that will be Green). It's where the staff tests their code in anticipation of someday releasing Green, or in other words, its a means to an end, not the end. So no disclaimer is needed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Second, the staff wants a classic server sooooo much more than you or I do. Did you spend almost a decade writing code to emulate classic EQ, two expansions, and every patch in-between because you love classic EQ? Me neither, but they did. So whatever their reason for not fixing this yet, it's not about them not giving a damn, and it's unlikely they don't know how (since player tracking used to work): it's far more likely it involves a trade-off they don't want to make.

The only thing is, the staff doesn't play (by their own rules they're not allowed to). So it's possible that they're just discounting how disruptive not having player tracking is, and in that case it might be helpful for us to politely let them know it really does matter. Since they haven't closed this thread yet, there's a good chance they're still interested in that feedback ... but being rude or complaining certainly isn't going to make them receive that feedback any better.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-17-2018 at 11:54 AM..