View Single Post
Old 07-31-2022, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel as a foreigner i’m missing out on a cultural touch point here… everyone loves fried chicken and watermelon. Don’t you yank red necks like these things? Like its. A stereotype that whiteys don’t eat enough fruit or white meat?
Stereotypes generally are for minorities: the majority culture usually only has few/lame stereotypes if any (eg. white men can't jump) ... because they are the dominant culture (ie. the ones making up the stereotypes about those other "weird" people). Minorities do make up stereotypes too (like "white men can't jump"), but they don't usually have the cultural power to make them into widespread stereotypes.

So yes, "yank red necks" ... and plenty of non-red-neck yanks also ... like watermelon and fried chicken. Personally, I can't stand watermelon, but my wife loves it, and we both <3 fried chicken ... but we're both white.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.