Thread: Poisons Guide!!
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this is the consensus I can easily revert.

But help me understand: if you're a poor rogue with limited plat, isn't it possible you'd care more about getting your poison making up to a level where you can make cool poisons, vs. making some lesser potions that you can use ... but are still lesser?

Whoever added the "thrifty" path must have had a desire to improve poison making more cheaply ... wouldn't other rogues, potentially?
If you have limited plat, just don't bother with poisons.

They are mostly going to be things you use when soloing anyways, outside of niche applications. For example you aren't going to be the person that snares in your group as a rogue because 1: that would be insanely expensive and 2: you wouldn't have enough bag space as each poison takes up 1 bag slot.

Even if you farmed the ingredients, the cost of the vial and the suspension alone make doing combines expensive. If I remember correctly, Lined Vials are 4p and Sealed are 6p. The suspensions aren't cheap either. The actual 'ingredients' part is the "cheap" part of the combine.

Additionally, the concept of Oppurtunity Cost means you would be better off farming plat and then converting that into vendor bought materials than you would be trying to farm materials. Even at low levels. That's why I mentioned Perma and Sol A because those also double as normal plat farms.

Anyways that's just my 2c.