View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

That's how it was in Live in classic. Melees could not reliably solo blues. Hybrids had some utility spells that could help with this at least, but even then it was tough and not incredibly efficient. That is why the people who wanted to solo rolled druids, necros, and mages. No one ever rolled a melee class so they could solo... they resigned themselves to the fact that they would have to group in order to efficiently grind XP.

Having said that, like I said before, try a 1HS weapon. The mobs are chewing you up with their much more rapid attacks and you're gimping your damage output voluntarily, unless you have some sort of uber 2HS with a decent ratio.

There are plenty of level 50 warriors and clerics on the server who had no issues getting to where they were, so I doubt there's anything horribly wrong with the melee output/miss rate. I had no problem levelling my cleric up to 11 so far. I killed shit solo for the first 4 levels, went fairly quick, then grouped at Orc Hill for a few hours and went into Crushbone and grouped from about level 7 onward... I will say I haven't really used melee since I started grouping, so I can't speak to that. My ranger is at 18... I killed newb shit in North Qeynos until about level 4, started grouping up for gnolls in QH, then founds some pickup groups in Blackburrow and camped the hell out of fangs for XP... blew through to level 9 or 10 and headed over to Unrest. Never had a tough time with the melee output like you seem to be having, but I've only been using 1HS/kick so /shrug. At 17, I would not go against a blue without full mana in case I had to rootpark and heal myself... but it was like that in Live classic, too.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Last edited by YendorLootmonkey; 05-17-2010 at 11:17 PM..