View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Reposting reply since it was deleted; no links to screenshots this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Toxic" in everquest just means a thing happened and I don't like it.
Officially, for EQ, it's described as behavior that is deemed inappropriate which may or may not break the Rules of Conduct, a long list tacked on to the PnP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure what version of everquest people remember where all the raid guilds totally got along and were full of fine upstanding gentlemen. It never existed.
There are classic forum threads showing that multiple guilds openly agreed to rotate/alternate planar zones with only the occasional disagreement/misunderstanding which was quickly resolved by leadership. While not a PvE utopia, it did exist.

Quote:
The only example of behavior in an mmo where I think "toxic" is actually the right word for it was vanilla UO, where people would grief with the sole intent of driving you off the server for good. You just can't really do stuff like that in EQ.
Phaezed-Reality, Greengrocer, Sinful Desires, Ryantwin, <Holocaust>. It would be entertaining to pick one and try to argue how they weren't toxic.