View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Main thing I gather, with the specific purpose of this thread in mind, is the Iksar or other non-Jaundice shaman can down the targets at approximately the same rate, just have to do a bit more work to do so. Bracer does make a good case for itself as a labor-saving device. The estimated 8-10 sec or so difference is close enough as to be not particularly significant. For the purpose of the casual reader that does count, I think, as broadly equivalent capability and should reassure the iksar player that he isn't seriously harming himself in not having that item.
For the purposes of this thread we did indeed answer OP's question on page 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As Toxigen said, JBB isn't necessary for any endgame content.

I still use mine at 60, JBB isn't just for powerleveling. Saving spell slots is always very nice on a Shaman.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=umuVBewCNgY - An example of using JBB on Cliff Golems. I did 5000ish damage with JBB, which is 1/6th of it's life.
The mathematical details of leveling with JBB https://project1999.com/forums/showp...&postcount=457 are presented to counter Troxx's incorrect idea that JBB is only good to level with from 45-51. Using PoM rat maze as an example shows JBB still has the edge over root rotting when it comes to leveling from 55-60, even when comparing an Ogre to an Iksar. JBB would be even faster on a Troll compared to an Iksar, since they get regen and JBB. Barbarian would be faster too with the XP bonus they get and JBB.

With that said, nobody should worry. If you pick a race that levels slower because you like the way they look, you are already satisfied with the tradeoff. All races can level to 60 just fine.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-27-2024 at 06:00 PM..