View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh3393 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get so much RNG with charms. I’m a 54 enchanter, 255 CHA, up-to-date Tash, and giving -30MR in pet items (adamantite band, rusty spiked shoulders, tome of eternal) charming the little dogs in Karnors Castle and I get very inconsistent timing on charm-holds. Sometimes I’ll hold the pet for 10+ minutes, sometimes I’ll have 3 breaks back-to-back. From what I’ve read CHA only affects the charm’s resist chances, and the length of charm mostly comes down to Magic Resistance and RNG (rolling 5% chance to break every tick?). On a good note I was able to charm the Undead Foreman yesterday on the 2nd try (first try resisted) and it held long enough to finish the quest for my OT hammer and gate out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
those dogs have a 4 or 5 level range

either way, its mostly level difference with a bit of CHA and magic resist sprinkled in...you're doing all the right things just sometimes RNG-jesus comes and whoops dat ass