Thread: Bard melee
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

In the lower levels I’m sure it’s easier.

In the 50’s with really good gear, I expect they can go to-to-toe better (albeit slower) than most rangers. Plus if things get sketchy, you often can mez and heal back up faster than most npcs will regen. A ranger will root/snare and bow as a backup plan.

My bard is only 58 with crummy gear. I’ve charmed and fear-kite-dotted the entire time. I’ve only melee’d in tight quarters when I might need to mez/heal…usually lower level weaker targets. I killed that drake in Skyshrine for the key at 56 and it turned into one helluva marathon.

With better gear like a Lute of the Howler, Drums of the Beast, epic and/or tunare/koi dagger, Singing Steel BP, things would be WAY different. Plus I’m sure a better bard player than me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] .

In a group the bard’s priority will be twisting songs and maybe mezzing/charming (if no ench) with melee usually very low priority unless you have the epic. In outdoor zones a ranger will be pulling (like the bard) but mainly meleeing with some infrequent buffing and occasional snaring.
Last edited by Snaggles; 04-19-2023 at 01:56 AM..