View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 03:30 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh dear, referring a noob to vi ... without at least explaining some basics like :q! ... is kind of cruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But in all seriousness, OP you might want to try the command nano first. It's another command line text-editor that's a bit more friendly than vi, but I don't know if it comes preinstalled on Steam Decks.

You could also use the commands cat, which will just output the entire log file to the command line, or tail, which will only output the end of it.
Lol thanks for a serious response - also saw yours on the other thread, but I forgot these forums don’t email gmail right, so never got a notification, rip.

So the parsing of the log isn’t really the problem, sorry for the misunderstanding; so things like nano/vi aren’t going to be the solution here (and luckily I’m familiar with them as a BE dev like I mentioned in separate thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

The real issue is instead Zilz pre-pends ALL log file paths with ‘C:/‘, effectively “breaking” the path. Some way to trick the application, or just tweak the file path code, that allows it to look under ‘~/‘.

The reference to log reading tool was to emphasis a LEGAL application like Zilz.