Thread: Thank you!
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2023, 04:52 PM
Orc

Default Thank you!

p99 Green,

What a blast its been playing here. I played Live like most of us back in the day, played up til OoW before stepping away from EQ for years.

Saw ads for P99 Green and was slightly intrigued. One random day I decided to roll my first p99 toon on Green server - and have been having a blast ever since.

After getting my first toon to raid level, i was enamored with the raid scene. (Pre-Draft, specifically)... The idea of FTE races, RTE teams, and using all the nifty tricks of this game in order to compete for targets between guilds was so much fun for me.

Playing a monk on contested raids in EQ is one of the most unique MMO experiences I can think of. Being a part of a medium guild who was trying to break into the Top 2's Trak/Golem agreement was some of the most fun I've ever had in a game.

I even - on occasion- enjoyed the "downsides" of this type of play. The /ooc battles, the trains, the leapfrogging, RnF, etc... Because it's just a game, and shouldn't be taken too seriously anyway.

I've been able to be part of most raiding guilds on the server, and truly enjoyed my time in each. Special shout out to <The Drift> for being the most fun group of people to spend time in game with. #1 guild on Green in my book.

For now, I've had my fill. But if there is a new server, with Pre-Draft rules, I will be back, and I will be playing a monk again, and I will win targets.

Thanks to the staff for wading through piles of dogshit to help provide a fun, nostalgic experience for the majority of players --- And thanks to the majority of players for doing the same.

See you on Green 2.0.