View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm writing as someone recieving the advice but applying it to my low level ogre shaman.

If I understand the formulas correctly, for sub 200 wisdom, a point of wisdom returns 4x as much mana as a point of stamina returns hp. Post 200 wisdom, wisdom returns 1.55x as much mana as sta returns hp.

So for earlier game I'm asking myself if I have a choice between a 100mana item and a 25hp item which do I wear? I think I take the 100 mana item -- equivalently, I'd rather have my starting points in wisdom than stamina when I'm not geared past the wisdom soft cap.

What about 25 hp vs 39 mana (25*1.55)? The hp sounds good to me at that ratio, so if I'm geared like loramin with soft capped wis and not-capped sta, the sta looks preferable to the wis.

Do I think my wisdom will be soft capped, then? The magelos I've seen in this thread make me think I'm likely to be sub 200 wisdom until I'm approaching the stamina hard cap, especially as an ogre. I made my shaman before I read this thread, but I'm feeling comfortable with my choice of 25 wis / 5 sta.
Gearing is a bit different from starting stats, since you can change your gear. Gearing also depends on your level.

For your first question about mana returns, let me repost a test I did:

Quote:
I did another few tests with my Shaman, all under 200 WIS. Reducing 100 WIS got me 11.2 mana per WIS. Reducing my WIS by 10 got me 11.3 mana per WIS. Reducing my WIS by 5 got me 11.6 mana per WIS. Reducing my WIS by 2 got me 11.0 mana per WIS. It looks like the mana per WIS calculation fluctuates between 11 and 12 mana per WIS at level 60, depending on how the rounding works out. 11.6 was the highest I saw, but I could not test a +1, a +6, a +8, or a +9 WIS item to see what the results were. So I am assuming right now 11.6 is the highest it will go, and 11.0 is the lowest.

For Clerics and Shamans the formula for AVERAGE mana gained per WIS is:
1. 0.1883333 * WIS * LEVEL = Mana gained while under or at 200 WIS
2. (0.1883333 * WIS * LEVEL)/2 = Mana gained while over 200 WIS
If you want a bit more details on what I did, the thread I took this from is here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...na+calculation

For early game, especially 1-39, HP is generally better because the game isn't designed for low level players to scale their HP hard. This will help survival, and allow you to cannibalize more. Once you are past 40, where WIS is giving you a decent return, you can start to balance HP and Mana more, depending on what you need more. Individual HP items get less important as you level, because it is rare for an HP item to give you a large amount. So if you took off a single 65HP ring, it probably wouldn't make any difference at level 60, because if 65HP was the difference between life and death, the problem wasn't your gear.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-22-2022 at 10:13 AM..