View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, the model works best and tends to be used most by the low-level guilds, which are exactly the ones least likely to have members with multiple raid-level alts. Think about the random guilds you've known: were the like Seal Team and Kingdom (where most members have multiple 60s), or were they like Castle ... or were they like Freya's Chariot? I don't know Freya's Chariot, but I'm willing to guess their average member doesn't even have two 60's.

Maybe for awhile, but the very fact that we could only come up with a single active random guild on the entire server shows the ultimate fate of most such guilds.
Every roll guild I've seen on P99 most members have multiple raid level chars and they are in the guild because they don't want to join the guild like Seal Team. Most of these guilds could tackle most content on P99 with the exception of a small subset of some of the highest tier stuff like AoW. The guilds aren't "low level" they're just less demanding of peoples' time.

There are multiple roll guilds on each server currently IIRC. Those guilds don't die out because they are roll loot lol. If they die out it's because they aren't filled with DKP obsessed neckbeards who are unhealthily addicted to raiding on an emulated server for a 23 year old game haha.

Roll loot is a totally fine approach. The only reason you'd be against it is because you have no hobbies outside of P99 raiding and so you whine if someone wins over you who doesn't dedicate all their free time to being a warm body on raids.