View Single Post
Old 05-04-2023, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I rerolled an alt to a bard. I played a bard to 54 on live so know the ins and outs. I solo a lot on my main here so this bard is for grouping in peak hours.

I have a bag full of really crummy bard only weapons. Like 20p 50p a piece. Not sure if bard only weapons are worth it like a wrist snapper? Also many bard weapon procs are like level 50ish

I want to spend about 600-800. I do have a SK and Pally alt also so if they can use it also that's an extra bonus.

On a good note I have a Guard Captain's Mallet which I plan to use but would like an additional weapon, especially with dual wielding.
Guardian's Mace and Di'zok Wristsnapper both seem worth considering for pairing with the Mallet. (Edit: I had weapons in your mind reading your post. Rereading it you probably want to buy some armor though.)

No practical weapon for your bard is going to be a good option for a knight after the knight hits 20 or so. And for those early levels the Guard Captain's Mallet is already competitive with the other options your bard is considering. (Edit: HP / tank gear like hp rings probably has good overlap though.)

Out of the level 50ish effect weapons you mention, Breath of Harmony may be most notable. It is not a proc it's an instant click -- which is nice for a stacking regen. Clicking it instead of singing the song means you don't get the instrument mod on the regen, but it's a song that you might not have in your twist. It's good but more appealing at blue prices than green.

For stuff to look forward to long term I like the SS helm and Jboots as much as the other posters. Lute of the Howler too: you can pop in a prime hand instrument right as a song lands while meleeing, so you can melee and still get an instrument bonus. And the click is an okay spell haste and str/atk buff.
Last edited by Vivitron; 05-04-2023 at 01:10 PM..