View Single Post
Old 05-28-2023, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I didn't play myself, I saw a friend plat it for half hour or so. Of course graphics looked good, but I just couldn't get into it.

He took like 25 pictures of plants I couldn't stand it.

Miss me A Link to the Past. Still one of the best on SNES
Lol well yeah there is a lot in the game that isn't mandatory. Taking pictures of plants is a totally optional completionist thing to do. I would really recommend not judging it based on watching somebody else play it for half an hour, you really need to play it yourself.

In breath of the wild I never once used the camera feature to take pictures of anything, and I actually never really used horses either; I liked just running around on foot and climbing and exploring. There are a million ways to play the game, which is the appeal. The old model of zelda games was great but extremely linear and they've reiterated it so many times now. The idea with BotW (and now this sequel) is to make it as open-ended as possible; there's still a narrative "main quest" but you can progress through it as quickly or slowly as you want, there are so many things to do and see while you chip away at the main storyline.