View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 05:54 PM
Banned

PvP:

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=103

Quote:
However by 50, our 500 point DD (retribution) is next to useless, it is so easy to resist. Most people you will be trying to kill with it, if theyre not completely inept, will be wearing a lot of throw away resistance gear. It only takes maybe 40 or 50 points of magic resistance and our spells will be doing next to no damage (maybe 100 dmg with luck, wont even dent a wizzie at that level). With a magic resistance of around 100, we can measure our dmg in the low 20's, if even that With smite at 14 and Wrath at 29 this is not such a big problem as a lot of the PKS arent as often equipped with gear like this, and our spells will land for better damage.

One of the biggest, most crucial things I've learned is that our level 5 or 9 dd (i forget which, tho i think lvl 5) is called Furor...and it cost under 20 mana with a cast time of something like 1.5. This spell is amazing- it interrupts an opponents casting 9 out of 10 times as long as their backs are not to a wall. Unlike our stuns which I used to use to interrupt casters, this spell is almost never resisted and costs virtually no mana.
The low lvl interrupts landed like money. Higher level ones? Not so much.

see shock of lightning, chaotic feedback vs lightning shock/discordant mind